I've designed my schematic and transferred it to my PCB. The components were placed manually. I've learned the hard way that auto routing is pretty much useless and manual routing is tedious and I'm not understanding how to do it yet. So I have a few questions.
1. I'm getting errors about annular rings. Since they are standoffs, rather than pins, the specified hole size of 0 is correct but that is the error. How to I set my rules so that the errors go away ( the PCB manufacturer wants a clean check)?
2. When I try to place traces, it always wants me to put it on the top. I cannot seem to change the layer to put it on the bottom (I have a 2 layer board designated).
3. The PCB shows the air wires but one is on the wrong side. How do I switch sides?
4. I have several 3-way intersections. How do I add chamfers to the intersections to strengthen the 90 degree corner?
5. I am trying to manually route my traces. I have no problem when all the tracks are on the same layer. However, I cannot figure out how to manually route under traces. I tried using the "end on via" but I must be doing something wrong because it does not seem to work. I think I don't understand how to bring it back to the top layer.
6. Due to current requirements I had to increase the width of my power and ground tracks. However, wherever they connect to a pad I get the error "track too wide to backoff from drill." I'm guessing that means the pad is too small. However, I cannot figure out how to change the diameter. It seems under properties, that dimension is not editable.
7. This is strange but I have a diode between my power and ground tracks. When I try to connect the second side of the diode to ground, it wants to merge the ground and power nets into one power net.