The very first steps in DSM are very confusing for me.
- Basic zoom in / zoom out operations provided by mouse scroll are totally in opposite to intuition. "Scroll Up" (ctrl + mmb + forward) should always be "zoom in" (this is like poiting forward) and "scroll down" (ctrl + mmb + backward) always "zoom out" (like backstep). Every game, every software I know does like that. Why DSM has it opposite? Very confusing.
- Middle mouse button (mmb) and right mouse button (rmb). Most of the softwares does "rotation" of the scene by using rmb. Why DSM doesn't follow this most intuitive idea. I've noted you have handy menu under rmb and some cool commands with gestures but .... can you swap it to middle mouse button please? How can I do it? Can I?
- Rotations... Again this is opposite. In 3d modeling I am imagine my self hovering over 3d model (like satelite over the Earth). If I move mouse up I "accelerate" and I want to see what is there hiding "above" the model. If I move mouse down I "decelerate" ad I want to see what's below (going backward). DSM has it opposite again. Not sure why it is like that
- For me as new being in DSM it is a huge issue, tbh frustrating when basic commands works counter intuitive.
- I can not find any place in DSM where I can rebind the way mouse works.
I believe many users already used to it and probably you will not change the way it works by default, however .. please I beg you and I believe you can provide a tool / config in DSM where I can swap those keys and behaviors.
I'm still a very beginner and discovering new tools and functionalities but so far in overall I love the software. Great work guys. Only those basic movements...
Please sign in to leave a comment.