in the new Version DSM5 are some options greyed-out if I have activated the constraint features in the "File->DesignSpark-Options" menue.
If the constraint features are switched off then DSM5 behaves like DSM4.
In deepth Part-1:
1. I switch to Sketch-Mode (2D-Sketching)
2. I choose a tool (circle for example)
3. Now, I want to place the circle relativ to a point (an edge of a rectangular for example)
4. So, I wanted to define if it should placed with "Cartesian Dimension" or "Polar Dimension"
in the "Sketch-Option" menue on the left.
5. But now, these points are greyed-out!!!
I can activate the cartesian dimension with the Shift-Key but it isn't possible to change between
cartesian and polar dimensions.
In deepth Part-2:
1. In Sketch-Mode I've placed a circle for example
2. Then I've placed a single point as a rotation marker for the next steps
to generate a rotation pattern of the circle.
3. Now, I take the Move-Tool an click on the circle.
4. I move the coordinate frame of the circle to the single point to define the rotation base-point
5. Now, I want to choose the "Generate Pattern" option in the Sketch-Options dialog on the left.
But this option is also greyed-out!!!
So, at the moment I see no possibility to generate a pattern in the Sketch-Mode.
Are these greyed-out features (cartesian/polar dimension and generate-patttern) a bug in DSM5 ???
Or is there a new logical way to use these features that I havn't understand ???
Please sign in to leave a comment.