This tutorial was added by automatrom a Freelancer/Tiny R&D company
Installing DesignSpark PCB on Linux using wine
Recently, the activation become available only in the application and is not available on web-site for versions under 7.0. The following procedure was tested with Xubuntu 16.04 LTS and requires a previous installation of wine 1.6 from Ubuntu repository.
The procedure is the same for v7.1 and v7.2 and it was reproduced on 3 different machines.
1. Using winetricks install msxml3 and vcrun2010 (mfc100, msvcp100 and msvcr100)
2. Next step is to install winbind and wine-mono (sudo apt-get install winbind wine-mono)
3. Start DesignSpark PCB installer and fill all the required information. The InstallShield will break just before adding the shortcuts on the desktop and in the start menu, but the installation is finished and you can manually add a link to the application, found in: ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/DesignSpark/DesignSpark PCB 7.x
4. At the first execution you have to login or create a new account and fill in the activation form.
5. Click "REGISTER" button and... that's it.
Thank you rs-online.com for this free to use, easy and intuitive application. Keep up the good work!