A single DesignSpark PCB PRO licence key works like this:
1. Nature of licence: node-locked and perpetual, i.e. no expiry date. Licence transfer due to PC migration or change of existing hardware is permitted.
2. The key is locked to the first DesignSpark account and Windows user profile that activates it, and this DesignSpark account is called the 'licence holder'. This prevents misuse in case the licence email is lost.
3. Change in existing hardware. eg. replacement of hard drive, motherboard swap, etc.: licence holder should login and re-activate DesignSpark PCB Pro with their product key.
4. Migration due to switching of computers: after installing DesignSpark PCB Pro on the new computer, licence holder should login and enter their product key. The licence will be immediately transferred from the original computer. You may repeat this process to return the licence to the original computer.
5. Change of licence holder: You may work in a business where you have inherited the licence from a former colleague. In such a case, please contact us stating the original licence holder's name, and order id or first 6 characters of the product key.
6. Maximum activations reached: If you see a similar message, contact us via a support ticket with the error message in description.
7. Upgrading between major versions (example, v9 -> v10): If you bought an upgrade-only licence, you will need the licence holder of the previous version to login and activate the new version as well. However, with a full perpetual licence for the new version you can activate it with any DesignSpark account.