Cable references manager
It is a catalogue of cables for reference. You can find the existing reference or create your own in this manager.
In the Library menu, click the Cable reference manager .
New reference: Create a new cable reference with properties.
Multiple insertion: Used to create a multiple cable references.
Archive: used to share/pass references between different workstations or companies.
Unarchive: opens and extracts data from an archive file
Properties: Used to edit the properties of the cable references.
It manages all the cables used in the project.
1. Click the Cables icon under the Project menu.
2. Unfolding the “Cable” level, more information of cables displayed.
3. To see whether the cables are reserved, click on the 'pre-reserved' cables filter button.
Drawing the cabling
In DSE 2.0 and newer, there are two ways to cable the components:
- In the line diagram
- In the scheme
Cabling in the line diagram
1. Right click the cable and select Detailed cabling.
2. Here is the detail of the cabling. Left and right panel refers to the origin and destination component respectively. The middle is the cable.
3. To cable the components, drag the cable core to the connection point of the component.
Cabling in the scheme
1. Select one or more wires and right click to choose Associate cable cores.
2. Double click the cable you wish to cable with the component.
3. Click OK if all the components cabled.
Remark: You can select one or more wires and cable them to increase the efficiency.
Please sign in to leave a comment.