Most of the free feature set and the UI were preserved. However, certain design limitations were imposed by the developer in version 2.0 which can only be removed by buying the SOLIDWORKS Electrical upgrade: https://designspark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211239809-Is-there-a-paid-upgrade-for-DesignSpark-Electrical-and-how-do-I-unlock-its-limitations-
These new limitations in v2 include:
• 3 Electrical schematic sheets per project, including wiring line diagrams.
Limit of 3 pages does not apply to reports, cover pages or, appendix documents. The overall document limit per project remains 15.
• Reporting- Variants of Bill of Materials and Wire list by styles templates only. Two report configurations saved at any one time. No custom report templates.
• No Control Panel drawing panel creation
• No Circuit macros manager
• No Terminal strip manager
If you previously used DSE v1 and are importing projects of >3 schematics into v2, here's what to expect with the new limit:
• Can OPEN a Project with > 3 schematic sheets.
• Can PRINT or EXPORT those schematics (e.g. export as PDF…)
• Can VIEW all of the pages in the schematic
• Can COPY 1, 2 or 3 Schematic pages out of an older Project and paste into a new project
(as long as it does not exceed to page limit in destination project)
• Can re-run the Reports included in the older design (with > 3 schematic pages)
• Can archive, save as template or duplicate project.
• Can run processes like wire numbering, project translation.
• CAN NOT edit any of those schematics- it schematic page count is >3
(you can delete some pages to get it 3
• CAN NOT copy any portion of a schematic page (in DSE)
If your existing project in v1 has more than 3 schematic sheets (say, 9 sheets), to continue editing the work in v2 you can split the 9 sheets into 3 projects with 3 sheets each.
You can also change the drawing format of your title block to a larger paper size like A0, A1, B2, etc. to fit more content in one sheet.