Simply run the install helper after extracting the installer ZIP:
Complete both steps 1 and 2 before restarting your PC.
For October 2018 BETA version only:
These instructions are also packaged within the installer ZIP for your convenience.
1. Make sure you have a Windows 64-bit computer (32-bit support has ceased)
2. Download and extract the ZIP file
3. Open the release folder and run Setup.exe. You will be guided through the next steps. Based on your current CPU load, install will take approx. 10 minutes.
4. Once the main install is complete, a new shortcut for DSM 4.0 (beta) will appear on your desktop.
5. Next, go to the 'translators' folder in the ZIP file from step 2 and run Setup.exe. This will install the necessary components to convert between different design file formats.
6. You can restart your computer and open DSM now.
7. After launching DSM 4.0 (beta), please login with your DesignSpark account to activate the software online and start using it.
These are the two installed items listed in 'Windows Programs and Features', to verify the software was fully & correctly setup: