- Check the system requirements and then download the installer from this page: https://www.rs-online.com/designspark/mechanical-download-and-installation
- UNINSTALL all existing versions of DesignSpark Mechanical from your computer. Make sure to remove both the main release and translators, if you had v4.0:
- If you had installed a paid add-on, you don't need to worry as the licence/serial number will remain active after this upgrade.
- Now, extract the the downloaded ZIP of the version 5.0 and run the Install_Wizard_DSM5.exe. Simply run the install helper after extracting the installer ZIP:
Complete both steps 1 and 2 of the install wizard before restarting your PC.
Watch this video to see above steps in action:
After installation, you can confirm the software is fully installed by visiting your Windows Control Panel-> Programs and Features. Looks for both the highlighted programs:
Q. Unable to open or run Install_Wizard_DSM5.exe?
A. In this case, run the installation separately from the 'Release' and 'translators' directories of the extracted installer folder 'DSM_v5_build7232_stable'. You will need local administrator permission to run both. Note that the 'translators' program is necessary to export certain file formats like STL.
1. First, open the 'Release' sub-folder and run the 'Installer.msi' program. Follow the instructions to complete the main DSM program installation.
2. Next, open the 'translators' sub-folder and run the 'Translators.msi' program. Follow the instructions to complete the translators program installation.