- Seamless transfer of 3D designs in DesignSpark Mechanical for final print preparation using Ultimaker’s open-source slicing software, Cura*
- Cura supports close to a 100 different 3rd party printers apart from Ultimaker’s own range
- Print using custom profiles, materials plus import other objects in different formats to print in one run.
- Easier design iterations: If you need to make revisions to your initial prototype in DSM, just click the ‘Export to Cura’ button in DSM to instantly update the model inside Cura.
- No need to convert your RSDOC designs to STL yourself, the integration takes care of it.
The exported STL file is stored in this directory to be instantly loaded into Cura:-
C:\Users\*Your Windows Username*\AppData\Roaming\SpaceClaim
This setting makes it easier for DSM to locate & overwrite the STL; so the experience of loading your source design edits to Cura remains seamless.
In any case where you find the Export to Cura button doesn't respond, simply close and re-open your active design project in DSM. Note: make sure you saved changes prior to closing or have auto-save turned on, in DSM settings.
*Technical support for the Cura program can be sought on Ultimaker's own dedicated user forum.