DesignSpark Mechanical Version 5.0
New features, enhancements and fixes:
- Customizable shortcuts - You can assign shortcut keys to quickly run any command supported by DesignSpark Mechanical
- Views Panel, allow saving views – create any number of custom views to quickly make edits.
- Measure and Quality tools – analyse your geometry for the size and shape of bodies as well as the quality of bodies created.
- Mass Properties – a tool to get volume information on designed objects
- Equations – sketch with mathematical equations
- Flythrough – a display mode with camera setup to explore inside complex objects
- Improved Sketch – new constraint-based sketching tools and dedicated 3D sketch mode
- Enhanced shading - displays objects with shading when exposed to ambient lighting in real life
- Custom rendering - adjust the faceting on a per-object basis and for the overall design to get a balance between optimal performance and quality of design output
- Pattern of planes – quickly generate a plane pattern to slice objects quickly into equal parts
- KABUKU 3D print quote service - for users in Japan only
- ADD-ON USERS: STEP, IGES formats added to quick export options in the Design tab
- 3D CAD library: a complete refresh of the catalogue's user interface making it faster to load and download models
- FIX: Bill of Materials quotations from RS Components and Allied Electronics should now work with a more optimised experience on all modern web browsers
- FIX: Changes made to certain software options were not saving in the user.config file
- FIX: Misaligned move handle for some objects which share the same origin point.
Check out the release notes for details on the new features and enhancements.
DesignSpark Mechanical Version 4.0
- Revamped registration/activation system and more informative start page
- Blend/loft tool, Auto-Save for backups
- User interface now translated to 13 more languages, including Russian, Portuguese (Brazil), Thai, Turkish, Spanish, Korean, Malay, Hungarian, Czech, Dutch, Polish, Finnish, Slovak, Slovenian...
- Prepare your 3D model for printing with a seamless integration to the popular & open-source Ultimaker Cura slicing software
- Get instant production & delivery quotes for your 3D designs from the 3D hubs global printing marketplace.
- Know when new versions of DSM are introduced at the click of a button (in the Help/Resources tab).
- Check out possible upgrade paths for more advanced features from our own DesignSpark Mechanical add-ons or the ANSYS software suite.
- Ability to right-click structure tree item and analyze your solid body geometry for errors and how to fix them.
- FOR DSM ADD-ON users: NEW STEP AP242 (including manufacturing part information) format support
- Switch between multiple graphics rendering drivers and modes.
- Export 3D geometry in DreamWorks open-source OpenVDB file format.
- 4K and Ultra HD monitor support updated Windows 10 UI elements & look. Enhanced rendering options for high-end GPUs
- Fixes to isolated cases of designs crashing to a lightweight document and new Windows 10 updates causing problems with software menus.
- Fix for 'Design1.rsdoc' ghost file appearing when attempting to exit the software
- Fixed: DXF export issue with certain Drawing sheet formats (add-on modules only)
- Fixed: Shelling with rounded & chamfered edges with different radii would fail
- Ability for add-on users to reset their own licence key within DesignSpark Mechanical options and migrate between PCs at any time
DesignSpark Mechanical 2.0 contains general fixes for the base software and improvements in customisation options for features included only with the paid Drawing (852-3015) and Bundle (852-3019) add-ons.
Ver 2.1 (18 Nov 2015): This is a minor release containing general fixes for the base software and improvements in customization options for features included only with the paid Drawing (852-3015) and Bundle (852-3019) add-ons. Here's a detailed list:
- Fixed issue with not being able to double-click open RSDOC files
- Added more font-related commands in dimension mini-toolbar (DRAWING/BUNDLE add-on users only)
- Added 'Detailing' ribbon in DSM properties ('gear' icon under the top-left DSM button) to customize Drawings; using a custom drawing sheet/business template, easier switching between default standards (JIS, ISO, CB, ASME), linestyle options (lineweights, annotation object appearances), modify drawing grids & views among others (DRAWING/BUNDLE add-on users only)
- Added support for local CHM help file if one exists in application directory "C:\Program Files\DesignSpark\DesignSpark Mechanical 2.0" or, "C:\Program Files (x86)\DesignSpark\DesignSpark Mechanical 2.0" (must be named SpaceClaim.chm)