Yes, exporting as an OBJ preserves color data unlike STL objects.
Articles in this section
- How do I format a point curve text (*.txt) file for import?
- Is the RSDOC format backwards compatible with previous DSM versions?
- Can I preserve my design color information in any 3D printable file format?
- How do I import or save a file in DS Mechanical?
- What are the import and export formats available?
- How do I import an ECAD file like IDF or EMN from DesignSpark PCB or another software?
- Where do I find advanced options for each of the file formats?
- Do I need to take any special care while exporting DXFs?
- What is the version support for SketchUp files?
- Can 3D PDFs be exported with the annotations?