1. Once installed, you will see a small RS Components logo in the right-hand task pane of SOLIDWORKS® 3D Mechanical CAD software.
2. Open any blank or existing SOLIDWORKS® 3D assembly.
3. Browse through the RS product hierarchy in the right hand task pane to find the relevant product. The lower viewport displays all the products with 3D models within the chosen category.
4. When you right-click on one of the products in this viewport, the following options are available:
You can download directly to your computer to the chosen folder in the add-in settings (see above image). The file is a SLDPRT object.
Insert directly into the opened SOLIDWORKS® assembly.
View more product data like RS stock number, MPN, stock level, unit/MOQ price, tech specs and product lifecycle status. Note that all data in this dialog is based on your current Windows location setting.
In case an item is temporarily out of stock, you will be shown an estimated date of next availability.
5. Once the part is inserted into an open design, you can generate a custom RS Components Bill of Materials through File-> Insert -> Tables
6. A new RS product basket view is available in the bottom task pane.
Here, you can adjust quantities, switch between countries or collection stores for individual products.
7. Clicking on the 'Total' button opens the RS Components website for selected country and displays the basket summary before you choose to pay & check-out. Note that information shown here is what will reflect on your final order confirmation. You may change the packaging types based on requirement.
*Note that viewing the final basket summary using the Total button is possible for only 1 country choice from your basket. Therefore, deselect items which you may want to order from other countries prior to clicking on 'total'.
Take a watch at this video demo too: