This is an add-in exclusive to SOLIDWORKS® 3D CAD/Mechanical users which allows them to:
1. Import a 3D model of a product sold by RS Components into an existing design assembly or simply as a new part. This catalogue of 3D models is also available to our DesignSpark Mechanical users, within the software.
2. View a product's live stock, price, certain technical specifications, image, lifecycle status.
The stock and price are shown based on the user's current location or country selected in Windows locale settings.
Prices are always for the Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ). You can verify this MOQ by clicking on the product page link, available as a hyperlink to its RS Stock number in the product basket.
3. Instantly create a Bill of Materials for all items in the assembly with RS Components price and stock included for items downloaded using the add-in.
4. Create a virtual product basket which gives you a cost estimate for your BoM. This excludes manual labour/machining costs, which is not the purpose of this add-in. SolidWorks provides another built-in plugin to do cost estimates for this (based on materials suggested for assembly components).
5. Verify and select/change quantity for individual items before heading to the RS Components webpage where they can specify delivery/collection options + pay & check-out.
6. Users can also export their Bill of Materials as a CSV, HTML or Outlook EML file from the product basket.