When you upgrade from DesignSpark Electrical (DSE) to SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic
you can use the designs that you created using DSE (but not the other way).
Users of older versions of DesignSpark Electrical (DSE) need to do the following as their old
licenses of DSE have expired:
1. Do Not Uninstall your older DesignSpark version, the new DSE installation will update it
2. If you are running DSE 1.3 (version 2018.0.3), you need to download and upgrade to
version 2.0 (version 2019.0.5) or newer, otherwise move to next step
3. As a general precaution, please make a backup copy of the DSE 1.3 data folder before
installing DSE 2.0.
4. When installing DSE 2.0 or later, make sure to use default settings so the same data
folder is used as with the previous version
5. Start DSE 2.0 (or newer)
6. Please visit: File / Archive Environment.
Using the ‘Custom' option you can choose to backup project only or the whole data
set. This creates a *.tewzip archive. SOLIDWORKS Electrical (SWE) can now use the
entire electrical environment from DSE.
To upgrade to SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic, please do the following
1. Review the system requirements
2. Obtain the software then install it.
Please note: you can install SWE on the same or different machine.If installed on same machine, DO NOT use the same data folder as DSE, the easier way is to keep the default install settings for SWE.
3. Start SWE, go through initialization steps if required, license agreement, data initialization.
4. In SWE, please visit: File / Unarchive environment, select *.tewzip archive as noted above.
5. Locate your Archived Environment and unarchive it, so you can continue with your electrical design work using the new, expanded functionality in SOLIDWORKS Electrical.
6. If you prefer, you can migrate only specific projects archiving them in DSE and then unarchiving in SWE.