**EDIT: See below solution offered by DesignSpark user KludgeGuru**
You can disable DPI scaling by doing the following in Windows 10 or 8.1 versions.
- You need a shortcut link to DesignSpark on the desktop, if you don't have one drag one from the start menu.
- Right click on the shortcut and go to properties.
- Go to the Compatibility Tab.
- Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".
In Windows 10 Version 1703 and later version of Windows, the text of the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings option is changed to Override high DPI scaling behavior, scaling performed by: Application.
- Select "System" from the "Scaling performed by" pull down.
- Click on OK to save the setting.
- Now launch the program and the icons should be normal size.
If you are a Windows 10 user, please update to version 1703 (Creators update) or newer for better application awareness to display scaling. In general, all users are advised to run the latest Windows build with security updates especially in light of recent exposure of Intel chip vulnerabilities.