DesignSpark Electrical has options for numbering equipotentials (short-circuits) and wires.
To start numbering, make sure you have a project open. Then;
- Navigate to the Project tab -> Configurations -> Project
- To modify and/or toggle display of equipotential conflicts and wires, use the ‘graphic’ configuration option.
- Change the numbering label text font type, size, etc. from the ‘Font’ config. option.
- Change the direction of numbering from the ‘Mark’ option.
- Under the wire styles configuration, you can find further options to switch numbering modes (equipotential/wire) and text layouts.
- A set of wiring lines can be classified into numbering groups. Right click on the group name to access a variety of tweaks including numbering display toggle, starting number/order, uniqueness level of wires in group and calculation of multiple wire order numbers.
- For individual wires, modifiable properties include numbering formulae (double click to change) for drawing, terminal strips and wire lists. This formula is used to process the formatting of the number and to store it in an “EQUIPOTENTIAL” variable.
- In multiple wire groups, individual properties of conductors can also be modified with the right-click properties tab similar to wire settings.
- To execute the settings you have just applied in the above steps, you’ll need to switch to the ‘Process’ tab.
Wire numbering is done at two levels.
A first level used to number new wires (does not modify the existing numbering) and a second level that allows you to recalculate all the numbers.
First level: Second level:
Editing wire marks:
The command used to edit a wire mark is available in the contextual menu for the wire. It can be used on multiple selection.
The wire number will be changed to manual mode. If you enter a number that already exists in a project, a message will be displayed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.