Most common software features can be accessed via the application menus ribbon at the top. By default, five menus are visible. Opening a project or folio extends the ribbon with menus containing specific functionality.
Right click on any item and add to the ‘Quick Access’ bar at the top of the screen!
- Access the projects manager to create, open and delete projects with advanced filtering options. Archived projects can also be extracted within the manager.
- The ‘Drawing’ group includes options for creation & management of DWG/DXF files outside of the project view.
The round DSE icon also contains the same “File” menu options.
- Customize tabs/browsers/palettes and navigate through an opened project sections
- Quickly access the tutorial panel
- Zoom & pan inside opened project windows
- Management of libraries of symbols, terminals, title blocks and macros.
- Management of cable references and manufacturer parts.
Manage interface language and graphics settings. Specify location of the projects and application data folders.
- Access online & offline help documentation along with tutorials. Import local component models or from the TraceParts online database.
- Collect diagnostics information for technical support from the DesignSpark team
Additional menus (with opened Project/Drawing):
- Manage project properties & configuration (like wiring and line diagram styles)
- Print project documents
- Cable, terminal strips & wiring management options
- Report manager and Design Rule Check
Update data - wire numbering - 2D cabinet layout - project translation – request quote for project material from RS Components
Export project as a DWG or PDF files.
“Draw” & “Modify” menu
Access tools to create a variety of 2D shapes, insert text, images, etc. and add dimension annotation to existing drawings. Drawings here are devoid of electrical information.
“Line diagram” menu
Insert and link block symbols - perform redirections between diagrams - draw function & location outlines – edit cabling between components
Draw electrical wires for power/command schemes – insert symbols, terminals – define interconnection links between schemes – draw function, location outlines
Browse by documents or by components and quickly access different files of an open project (like wiring line diagram, drawing lists, and electrical schemes). Opened symbols and macros can also be viewed here.
A drawing preview can be seen at the bottom of the pane.