Before you start - If you know the "Tech Hub" that you would like to associate your content to, Please navigate to it an add your article in that section. If not, don't worry, DesignSpark will do this for you. If there isn't a relevant tech hub, don't worry, readers can still find your article. Firstly,
Step One - login to DesignSpark, then click contribute and "Add An Article"
Step Two - After Clicking "Add New Article" you will see the screen below. This is where you will create your article - see corresponding numbers to fields in red below.
1. Choose your language.
2. Give your article a title that captures the essence of your article.
3. Write an intro that summerises/articulates your post. This will appear in the article blocks along with your thumbnail image.
4. Keywords. Add keywords that are relevant to your article. These will help users find your content more easily and connect it to related content.
5. Choose and Image. Add and image that is relevant to your article. This will appear in the Thumbnail throughout the site.
6. Parent Slug. Ignore this, DesignSpark Admin will assign a relevant "Tech Hub" to your article.
7. You can add an attachment here if you wish.
8. If you add an attachment, you can label it with a better description than the filename. If left blank, the description will be the filename.
9. This is the body of your article. The editor allows you to add/upload images and video.
For further guidance around what we are looking for in an Artilce, please see our DesignSpark Content Creation Guide.
Commonly uses buttons in the "Wysiwyg" editor.
- Upload an image from your computer
- Embed a video (EG, you-tube)
- Bullets and Numbers
- Bolding etc.
- HTML editor
Note - Images are automatically left or right justified against text. You can remove the justify in the html editor.
10. On the first "save" you will be presented with the "Edit Article" screen. Please save at regular intervals.
Step Two - Preview/Edit your article before you "Publish"
Check that you are happy with your article. Between each change, don't forget to "Save" After Saving, you can "View" it as it will appear when approved and published on the DesignSpark Website.
When you have finished editing, DON'T FORGET TO CLICK "PUBLISH" - This will submit your article for review and approval by the DesignSpark Team. Your Article will join a moderation queue and we aim to publish it or contact you within 24 hours. If you need to contact us about your artilce, please raise a support ticket.
Preview View - I.E, what your finished article will look like.
Once you have clicked "Publish" you will receive a message at the top of your Article to advise that your article has gone into the moderation queue for approval.
You can check the status of your article in your profile. You can also make edits here.
When your article is approved, the status will change to from "in review" to "published" Note - If the status is "unpublished" it will effectively be a "DRAFT". You can "View" and "Edit" your article from the screen below and also "Publish" it for submission here.