Thank you for your interest in the DesignSpark Mechanical add-on modules !
Please follow the steps below to complete the purchase and setup of the add-on on your system:
* A stable internet connection is required for activating the add-on license
** You can skip to step 5 if you have already bought and received your licence email.
1. Make sure to have the DesignSpark Mechanical software installed & activated on your computer first.
Check out details of the available modules and their purchase links here:
2. Depending on your choice, you will be redirected to the relevant RS-Online page to place your order. Click on the "Add to basket" button to include the module in your buying list.
To check out and pay, click on the shopping cart icon at the top right corner of the page.
3. We recommend that you register an RS-online account which will prove useful in future transactions with RS Components and their world-class customer service.
Click on 'Checkout securely' to proceed with payment.
4. After receiving payment confirmation, please check your e-mail inbox (the one used for ordering) for the post-purchase message.
This will contain the license key, download link for the upgrade utility and other introductory information (videos, support details, etc.) Videos include a guide to the modules activation and brief intro of the features.
Note: There may be a slight delay between the confirmation of your purchase and receiving the e-mail. As per the RS-online order page, "The license will be available for emailing between the hours of 8am – 5pm. Orders placed after this time will be sent the next working day."
Please see below for a sample of the post-purchase e-mail (click to enlarge).
5. Download the upgrade utility to a suitable location on your computer (recommend Desktop folder).
6. Un-zip the compressed utility folder (by right-click and extract) and double click on the EXE file to install the module(s).
You should receive a prompt saying "DSMUpgrade was successful." to ensure proper installation. Press 'OK' to exit.
7. Next, launch the DesignSpark Mechanical software. You will be asked to enter your unique license key now (as supplied in the post-purchase e-mail).
8. To finish activation, you will need to enter some basic registration details (red dots are mandatory fields). Make sure you are connected to the internet before pressing register to ensure validation of your license key.
9. Once the license key is validated, the normal DS Mechanical splashscreen will appear and the software will be opened.
10. You can now start exploring and using the exciting NEW features you've just purchased !