At the point of activation of the tool during first use it may be that the proxy server will block the comms link from the tool to the web, preventing activation from taking place. You should ask your local IT administrator to add the following URL https://www.rs-online.com/designspark/api/activate to a “White List” of web links which are set in the proxy server to allow access.
Please try the following steps and report back the outcome:
- Ask your local IT administrator to add the following URL https://www.rs-online.com/designspark/api/activate to a “White List” of web links which are set in the proxy server to allow access.
- If the above step does not resolve the issue, check that your firewall settings are not preventing the Internet access.
- Check your browser settings ensuring that, if it is an option, proxy use is disabled
- The activation process may be achieved by connecting to the Internet via a Wi-Fi hotspot, or at your home. Once activated the tool only needs Internet connection to update data or to link to online libraries or RS website and will run offline whilst designing as the library is integral to the tool.
- The port number for this service is 443.
It may also be that working behind a proxy or firewall will block the data transfer required to provide price and stock details in the tool. There are some steps you can take to resolve this. The base URL which would need to be authorised is: https://services.electrocomponents.com
In addition, the port number 8881 must be opened. In effect the application must be able to communicate on https://services.electrocomponents.com:8881