Download and Installation
- How can I resolve the xml parse error?
- Download, installation and activation
- Can we integrate DesignSpark Electrical within our IT system?
- Can I install DesignSpark Electrical on more than one computer?
- How do I activate the DesignSpark Electrical software?
- Which operating systems is DSE compatible with, what are the system requirements?
- What is DesignSpark Electrical?
- Do I need to purchase a license for DesignSpark Electrical?
- A quick start video introduction to using the tool
- Want to know why you should be using DesignSpark Electrical?
- Is DesignSpark Electrical a multilingual package?
- Are there any design limitations with DesignSpark Electrical?
2D Panel Design and Layout
- Can I modify the Titleblock Design?
- How do I manage the wire numbering?
- How do I create a schematic drawing?
- How can I find out about project files and creating them?
- How do I layout my devices?
- How do I configure and manage my project files?
- I'm trying to add an attachment, but it won't upload?
- Can I suggest functionality I would like RS to add to future versions of the software?
- Is something stopping you using DesignSpark Electrical?
- What happens if a drawing file is lost or corrupted?
- My computer operates behind a proxy server - is this likely to be a problem?
- I am experiencing an issue with DesignSpark Electrical, is there anyone I can contact?
Formats and Interfacing
- BOM Quote
- Can I order my parts online from the tool?
- Under what circumstances might I see missing price or stock information?
- Checking pricing for large numbers of parts
- Updating parts price and availability data
- Checking parts price and availability when designing
Download and installation
- Installing DSM if using a network drive (LAN)
- Where can I download DS Mechanical?
- How do I know the exact hardware and software specifications for DS Mechanical?
- Disk storage requirements
- Are there restrictions on types of designs I can create?
- Can I silently install DesignSpark Mechanical?
Activation & Getting started
- I'm a newbie, how do I start with DesignSpark Mechanical?
- Why do I need to activate DS Mechanical?
- Where do I get a sold-to ID?
- Getting log files in case of software issues?
- Is there an option for running simulations in the FREE version or with add-ons?
- Some buttons/icons seem to be missing from the program interface. How can this be corrected?
- Top 5 reasons to use DesignSpark Mechanical
- DesignSpark Mechanical - Basics - 1. User Interface
- DesignSpark Mechanical - Basics - 2. Selection
- DesignSpark Mechanical - Basics - 3. Sketching
- DesignSpark Mechanical - Basics - 4. The Pull Tool
- DesignSpark Mechanical - Basics - 5 - The Move Tool
First Steps To Direct Modelling with DesignSpark Mechanical
- First steps to Direct Modelling Section 1 - Look at the Sketch, Select and Pull tools
- First steps to Direct Modelling Section 2 - Look at the Sketch, Select and Pull tools
- First steps to Direct Modelling Section 3 - Look at the Move tool
- First steps to Direct Modelling Section 4 - Look at the Fill Tool
- First steps to Direct Modelling Section 5 - Look at the Combine Tool
3D Model library
- How do I import or save a file in DS Mechanical?
- What are the import and export formats available?
- How do I import an ECAD file like IDF or EMN from DesignSpark PCB or another software?
- Where do I find advanced options for each of the file formats?
- Do I need to take any special care while exporting DXFs?
- What is the version support for SketchUp files?
Using DesignSpark Mechanical
- Printing of designs - faint lines or low quality?
- DSM for Architecture & Construction
- Basic shapes: star in 3D
- Creating a worm drive
- Adding layers
- How do I setup my newly purchased DSM add-on?
- How can the DS Mechanical add-on modules help me?
- What functionality does the Drawing add-on module give me?
- What functionality does the Exchange add-on module give me?
- Which versions of DS Mechanical are the add-on modules compatible with?
- What are the system requirements for these add-ons?
About DesignSpark Mechanical
Download and Installation
- DesignSpark PCB Status
- How do I install DesignSpark PCB?
- How do I activate DesignSpark PCB?
- How can I upgrade DesignSpark PCB?
- How do I re-activate DesignSpark PCB?
- How to install DesignSpark PCB on Linux with "Wine"
- How can I read the Help file at anytime?
- How can I setup schematic sheets?
- How can I create a board outline?
- How can I start a project?
- How can I add files to a project?
- What can I do within a project window?
- Getting to know DesignSpark PCB
- First Steps Schematic to PCB
- Adding Copper Pour to DesignSpark PCB
- DesignSpark PCB (Tutorial) Converting Schematics to PCB
- Library structure & Library Manager
- DesignSpark PCB (Tutorial) Schematic Entry
- How can I add power & ground symbols to a schematic?
- How can I add connections to a schematic?
- How can I rotate components?
- How can I edit component values?
- How can I add a drawing border to the design?
- How can I add components to schematic?
Creating your PCB design
- How can I add a custom board to the PCB wizard options?
- How can I add a fiducial mark to my PCB?
- How can I convert schematics to PCB?
- How do I use power planes?
- How can I add dimension lines? (draft)
- Can I import Eagle Designs in DesignSpark PCB?
Advanced PCB Techniques
New Release Version 8 - Full Change log
- Version 8.0 known issues.
- What is the full list of DSPCB v8.0 new features?
- What is the full list of DSPCB v8.0 fixes?
- How can I use new ‘Measure’ tool?
- How can I use new BOM Quote functionality?
- Why unroute preference have been changed?
- How can I create a custom PCB symbol using the wizard?
- What settings should I use for creating schematic symbols?
- How can I create my own schematic symbol?
- How do I create my own components?
- How can I create symbols and footprints?
- How can I create my own library?
PCB Part Library
- How do I use PCB Part Library with Library Loader?
- How do I install and configure Library Loader?
- How can I add DSL files to my library?
- How much will using PCB Part Library cost me?
- Can I only use it with DesignSpark PCB?
- Which PCB design packages can I use the Schematic Symbols and PCB footprints with?
Interfacing to DesignSpark Mechanical
Checking your design
Contributing to DesignSpark
- Content Guidelines - What can I submit for publication?
- Who can contribute content to DesignSpark?
- How do I add an Article?
- What is a News Item?
- How do I link to RS Products?
- How do I add a News Item?
- How do I search for a product?
- Can I see the product data and technical documents?
- I added a product to list, where is my list?
- Can I replace a product in my list?
- Where is the lifecycle status shown?
- What are the Lifecycle Status definitions?
Platforms & Versions
- Change log
- What platforms is Toolbox available on?
- What devices is Toolbox available for?
- Where can I get latest version for iOS?
- Where can I find the Windows Desktop version?
- Where can I find the Android version?