Download and Installation
- How can I update existing installation using patch update?
- DesignSpark PCB Status
- What Is End User License Agreement for DesignSpark PCB (EULA)?
- How should I upgrade from a beta version?
- I'm trying to register and it says my username / email address is already being used?
- How do I install DesignSpark PCB?
- What are the key points and tips I need to know to get the best out of DesignSpark PCB?
- Is there a book about DesignSpark PCB?
- How can I get my tool bars back?
- How can I setup schematic sheets?
- How can I create a board outline?
- How can I start a project?
- Copper Pour Basics
- DesignSpark PCB in 3 minutes and 42 seconds
- DesignSpark PCB Basic Course: Familiarisation (Part 1)
- DesignSpark PCB Basic Course: Libraries (Part 2)
- DesignSpark PCB Basic Course: Creating Components (Part 3)
- DesignSpark PCB Basic Course: Wizards (Part 4)
- How can I use power rails in my schematic?
- How can I add power & ground symbols to a schematic?
- How can I add connections to a schematic?
- How can I rotate components?
- How can I edit component values?
- How can I add a drawing border to the design?
Creating your PCB design
- How can I create a custom board outline?
- How can I change power plane layers to signal layers?
- How can I turn off the Relative Origin symbol?
- How to use the copper pour dialog.
- How can I use the air wires most efficiently?
- Speed up your design process using Reference Designs
Advanced PCB Techniques
- How can I add a dotted or dashed line?
- How can I create a custom opening in the solder mask?
- How can I insert my design into a project?
- How can I remove an area of solder resist?
- How can I create a new version of my project?
- How can I change a component?
Checking your design
- How can I check my PCB layout?
- How do I change the silkscreen font size?
- How can I use new ‘Measure’ tool?
- How do I check my Schematic and PCB design?
- How do I remove air wires from my completed PCB?
- What is the actual usage of "Component Outlines"?
- Drill Backoff Errors, Photo Plotters and PDF's
- Creating a positive or negative print for use with photoresist coated board
- Excellon File Format Options
- How do I produce Gerber files?
- How to exclude items from the BOM
- What is the precision of Gerber files?
New Version Release - Full Change log
- How to enable the built-in libraries
- How can I create a PCB symbol using the wizard?
- What settings should I use for creating schematic symbols?
- How can I create my own schematic symbol?
- How do I create my own components?
- How can I create symbols and footprints?
PCB Part Library
- How do I use PCB Part Library with Library Loader?
- How do I install and configure Library Loader?
- How can I add DSL files to my library?
- How can I reset my PCB Part Library password?
- How much will using PCB Part Library cost me?
- Can I only use it with DesignSpark PCB?
Interfacing to DesignSpark Mechanical
Download and installation
- "Error getting file security.." How do I resolve this?
- Why is the installation being aborted with a warning of data corruption?
- Why am I not able to export in certain file formats although they appear in the save as list?
- Setup instructions- DesignSpark Mechanical 4.0
- Is there an update to DSM available?
- Can I install the free version of DSM on more than 1 computer?
Activation & Getting started
- DS Mechanical crashes at launch. How do I fix this?
- Known software conflict: IBM Trusteer Rapport
- Is your sketched 2D object invisible but the dimension shows up?
- DSM 4.0: Why is the sketch grid in my design workspace invisible?
- Is processing geometry changes in DSM taking too long?
- DSM 4.0: Are you seeing a grey box blocking your design workspace?
- DesignSpark Mechanical v4.0 Tips - Part 1
- DesignSpark Mechanical v4.0 Tips - Part 2
- NEW: A Beginner's guide to DSM - #1 UI Familiarisation
- NEW: A Beginner's guide to DSM - #2 Sketching
- NEW: A Beginner's guide to DSM - #3 Edges
- NEW: A Beginner's guide to DSM - #4 Cut-outs
First Steps To Direct Modelling with DesignSpark Mechanical
- First steps to Direct Modelling Section 1 - Look at the Sketch, Select and Pull tools
- First steps to Direct Modelling Section 2 - Look at the Sketch, Select and Pull tools
- First steps to Direct Modelling Section 3 - Look at the Move tool
- First steps to Direct Modelling Section 4 - Look at the Fill Tool
- First steps to Direct Modelling Section 5 - Look at the Combine Tool
Using DesignSpark Mechanical
- How do I repair my STL object?
- How do I create a quick copy of a 3D object?
- How to make a Turner's Cube?
- How do I create objects of zero thickness from a solid body?
- Can I mirror objects in DesignSpark Mechanical?
- DSM- Can I prevent certain components from not being exported during save as?
3D Model library
- How do I get past the Java security certificate warnings in the 3D library?
- Are you being asked to login and access the 3D library in DSM 4.0?
- How do I access this library?
- Do I need to sign up for access to this library?
- Which formats can I download models in?
- What are my download / import options?
- How do I format a point curve text (*.txt) file for import?
- Is the RSDOC format backwards compatible with previous DSM versions?
- Can I preserve my design color information in any 3D printable file format?
- How do I import or save a file in DS Mechanical?
- What are the import and export formats available?
- How do I import an ECAD file like IDF or EMN from DesignSpark PCB or another software?
- (DesignSpark Mechanical ADD-ON users only) Are you having any licence issues after a Windows 10 update?
- Does the licence key activation keep failing? (DSM add-on only)
- How do I get a working download link for the upgrade utility & how to videos? The links in my email are broken.
- How do I change the lineweight on the edges of objects?
- How do I export multiple drawing sheets in my project as a single 2D PDF?
- How do a I fix a dimension annotation that looks skewed or leader arrows don't reference a part?
About DesignSpark Mechanical
- Help recommend DSM to others!
- Release notes: DesignSpark Mechanical 4.0
- DSM on ArtStation
- Is there a separate education licence (network) for DSM?
- Online learning on Udemy
- DSM on Thingiverse
Download and Installation
- DSE v1.3 - 'EwWebClient.dll' or 'TrJsParser.dll' is not registered. What does this mean and how do I solve it?
- Windows 7 SP1 - DSE 1.3 beta crashing after install?
- Why does my DSE install hang at shortcut creation stage? How do I fix this?
- Why is the DesignSpark Electrical 32-bit version no longer available?
- DSE v1.3 update: deleting data update folder
- The End User Licence Agreement (EULA) - DesignSpark Electrical
- Download- Built-in DSE software tutorials
- What is DesignSpark Electrical?
- Do I need to purchase a license for DesignSpark Electrical?
- A quick start video introduction to using the tool
- Want to know why you should be using DesignSpark Electrical?
- Is DesignSpark Electrical a multilingual package?
Formats and Interfacing
2D Panel Design and Layout
- How to change number of rows and columns in DS Electrical?
- How do I display the function name of an object in a schematic?
- Do I need to use snap spacing or grid points as reference for placing new objects?
- Sample projects to explore - DesignSpark Electrical
- How do I add a neutral pole (VZ11) to a 3 pole switch disconnector?
- Defining multi-level terminals
- I'm trying to add an attachment, but it won't upload?
- Can I suggest functionality I would like RS to add to future versions of the software?
- Is something stopping you using DesignSpark Electrical?
- What happens if a drawing file is lost or corrupted?
- My computer operates behind a proxy server - is this likely to be a problem?
- I am experiencing an issue with DesignSpark Electrical, is there anyone I can contact?
- BOM Quote
- Can I order my parts online from the tool?
- Under what circumstances might I see missing price or stock information?
- Checking pricing for large numbers of parts
- Updating parts price and availability data
- Checking parts price and availability when designing
New Version Release - Full Change log
- What can I sell?
- Do I get charged a commission on the things I sell?
- How do I add a product to DesignSpark Marketplace?
- Who ships the product?
- Can I sell to buyers outside of the country I live?
- I've sold my item(s) and have no more to sell, what do I do with my listing?
Platforms & Versions
- Change log
- What platforms is Toolbox available on?
- What devices is Toolbox available for?
- Where can I get latest version for iOS?
- Where can I find the Windows Desktop version?
- Where can I find the Android version?
How-to & Feedback
Tools and Functionality
Contributing to DesignSpark
- FW: [DesignSpark by RS Components] Re: Article Approval
- Who can contribute content to DesignSpark?
- How do I add an Article?
- What is a News Item?
- Content Guidelines - What can I submit for publication?
- How do I link to RS Products?
DesignSpark Rewards and Badges
- What is XP?
- How do I earn XP?
- What are levels?
- How do I level up?
- I've received a badge code, what do I do with it?
- I've seen a "Pioneer" badge, what is this?
Products and Obsolescence Manager
- How do I add more than one product to a Bill of Materials List in Obsolescence Manager?
- How do I search for a product?
- Can I see the product data and technical documents?
- I added a product to list, where is my list?
- Can I replace a product in my list?
- Where is the lifecycle status shown?
About this add-in
- Inserting 3D models into opened SolidWorks assembly
- The End User Licence Agreement (EULA) for the RS Components SOLIDWORKS® Add-in
- What is the typical user journey for this add-in?
- Why doesn't data in the product basket update when I change the country or location?
- How do I install future revisions of this add-in?
- What file format do the 3D models come in? Can I save them for later use?