Zum Hauptinhalt gehen

No text on silkscreen layer

Kommentare

11 Kommentare

  • Anders Hansson

    I can add arbitary text on silkscreen layer but the compoent reference designators ( typ R11 etc) seem to be hidden. Text is set to be visible on silkscreen in the settings.

    0
  • Anders Hansson

    If I start library manager and edit one of the components of the design, the reference designator like U1 is visible in the footprint window. Can't really understand why I cant see them in the PCB.

    0
  • Anders Hansson

    The Reference designators are visible in the 3D view... very strange!

    0
  • Boss .

    I may have found it, but can only think you accidentally changed the following setting:

    Launch the Colours menu by shortcut "C"

    Look at the Layers and Layer Spans and do you have the Symbol Text displayed setting as "No"?

    This gives the same results as you describe. Click the 'No' to toggle to "Yes" and click "Apply" to see the result.
    Let us know if this was the cause.

    0
  • Boss .

    Sorry! Too much clicking!!!

    It was actually the "Value Positions" (which makes sense) that gave the results.

    1
  • Anders Hansson

    Ohh thank You so much!!!! I must have accidentally changed that setting. Now it all works. Thanks again!

    I  actually looked several times in the actual window, but I was only looking for that "text" was visible...

    2
  • Boss .

    Great! Glad to have helped.

    0
  • Andy Burton

    This happened to me. The gerber export was not exporting the text. The setting ringed was set to yes so i set it to no then set it to yes and now the text exports. Bit gutted because i just sent a design off for manufacture without realising

    0
  • Phil Dixon

    This has just happened to me on Veriosn 10.1 no idea how it occurred but componet names not showing, value showing was yes, changed to no then back to yes and names reappeared.

    0
  • Boss .

    Hi Phil, interesting your symptoms were the same as Andy from 2 years ago and the original post was v8 so it's unlikely to be a specific v10 issue.
    You mention v10.1 so I assume you are using the same beta patch as me v10.0.1 which is quite recent, so was your design created in v10.0 and if so did you produce plots in that version that were correct?
    Just wondering if it is an across versions issue or the first use of DSPCB version that can cause some random event?
    If you have any thoughts please post as I am part of the DSPCB beta testing.

    0
  • Phil Dixon

    It is possible the design was originated in V10.0 as I have been working on this design for some time and may well have changed versions when the problem occurred.

    I didn't see any problems in V10.0 though I wanted to use V10.0.1 to get the component numbering to work, shame it then ended up with the 3d view being messed up (no components displayed in V10.0.1).  3d was the reason we chose DesignSpark so losing it would defeat changing to this app, not yet tried to pass any 3d data to the mechanical engineers yet so it may be a 3d display problem in DeignSpark only.

    0

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.